Seismic Analysis and Design of Steel and Reinforced Concrete Buildings Using NBCC 2020
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate seismic hazard in Canadian cities
- Perform seismic analysis of structures both manually and using computer tools
- Use the seismic design provisions of the National Building Code of Canada for design projects
- Apply the basic principles of design and detailing of earthquake resistant steel and reinforced concrete buildings
To design buildings to resist earthquakes, structural engineers need a thorough understanding of the seismic provisions of the National Building Code of Canada (NBCC 2020) and seismic design and detailing requirements provided by the Canadian Standard Association (CSA). This course provides an opportunity to learn seismic provisions of NBCC 2020 and apply them to a multi-storey building. The course also covers seismic design and detailing requirements of CSA A23.3-19 and CSA S16-19 for the design of reinforced concrete and steel buildings with most commonly used seismic force resisting systems. As part of this course, participants will also learn how to perform static and dynamic seismic analysis of buildings using a computer software.
Important note: This is an advanced course which builds upon the material covered in the “Fundamentals of Earthquake Engineering and Seismic Design” course. To fully understand the course content, a basic knowledge of earthquake engineering and dynamic analysis is required.
- Overview of seismicity and dynamic analysis
- Seismic provisions of the National Building Code of Canada
- Seismic design of reinforced concrete buildings with moment resisting frames or shear walls
- Seismic design of steel buildings with moment resisting frames or braced frames
Who Should Attend:
Those requiring a thorough understanding of seismic analysis and design, including Structural Engineers, Forensic Engineers, Designers, Consulting Engineers, and Project Engineers.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW