Severe Storms Engineering
After participating in this course, you will:
- Be more knowledgeable of extreme meteorological hazards and the vulnerability of built and temporary infrastructure to these hazards.
- Be more knowledgeable regarding the application, strengths and weaknesses of weather hazard classification guidance, including the Enhanced Fujita scale (tornadoes) and the Saffir Simpson scale (hurricane)
- Be aware of anticipated future changes to weather hazard frequency and intensity in a changing climate and how these changes will necessitate alterations in strategies focused on adaptation and resiliency.
This course explains weather hazards and their impacts on the built and temporary infrastructure. It describes methods by which weather hazards are classified in an attempt to convey severity. The course also describes how weather hazards might change in the future.
- Climatology of Severe Weather Events
- Anticipation of Future Weather Events and Changes in Climate
- Weather Impacts and Damage Surveys
- Weather and the Built Environment
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for engineers, meteorologists, city planners, and decision and policymakers who are interested in creating more resilient communities in the face of weather hazards. Whether your interests are residential, commercial, industrial, transportation, tourist or entertainment/large event space, each is impacted by weather hazards in a unique way. In addition, anyone with interest in future weather conditions and personal strategies to adapt and respond to create a more resilient citizenry is encouraged to attend.
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW