Slope Stability - Analysis and Design
After participating in this seminar, you will be able to:
- Identify key issues associated with a specific slope stability problem
- Obtain parameters required for site slope stability analysis
- Select the method that is appropriate for a specific slope stability analysis
- Conduct slope stability analysis by simple calculations and assess software results
- Recommend viable options for site slope stabilization
This short course provides guidance for analyzing the static stability of slopes of earth and rock-fill dams, slopes of other types of embankments, excavated slopes, and natural slopes in soil and soft rock. Methods for slope stability analysis are described and illustrated by examples and case studies. Criteria are presented for strength tests, analysis conditions, and factors of safety.
Slope stabilization methods are also discussed with an emphasis on design of stable slopes and retaining structures.
- Basic concepts of slope stability analyses
- Common methods of slope stability analysis
- Design considerations for slopes
- Analyze stability of natural and manmade slopes
- Technologies for slope stabilization
- Stability analysis of embankment dams
- Retaining structures for slope stabilization
Who Should Attend
Those involved with construction-related slope stability issues, analyses and design, including:
Civil Engineers • Geotechnical Engineers • Transportation Engineers • Technicians • Geologists • City and Public Works Officials/Planners
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW