Soil and Rock Slope Stability
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Understand fundamentals of soil and rock mechanics and its application to slope stability engineering.
- Define various methods of slope stabilization and identify appropriate application.
- Conduct simple stability analyses of slopes.
- Familiar with analysis methods and typical design practices.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of principles of investigation and stabilization of slope failures.
The objective of this course is to provide practitioners involved in slope stability design and construction with fundamentals and approach for slope stability design. Course material include stability concepts, engineering geology principles, ground water principles, soil testing and interpretations, slope stability concepts, stabilization methods, instrumentation and monitoring, and construction inspection.
- Engineering principles
- Site Exploration
- Lab testing and Interpretations
- Slope Stability Concepts and Analysis Methods
- Stabilization methods
- Instrumentation, Monitoring, Inspection and Maintenance
- Geological Investigation and Interpretation
- Types of Rock Slope Failures
- Rock Slope Analysis Methods
- Stabilization of Rock Slopes
- Protection Against Rockfall
Who Should Attend
Geotechnical engineers, structural engineers, civil engineering technicians and technologists, field engineers, design engineers, anyone who needs to build background on slope stability analyses and design. Best suited for civil engineers, consultants, engineering geologists, soil scientists, city and public works officials, city planners, and other design professionals who address construction related slope stability and stabilization issues.REQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW