Soil Engineering-Fundamentals and Applications
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- apply your comprehensive understanding of soil behaviour and many of the basic concepts of soil engineering thereby increasing your effectiveness on your projects where earthworks and foundations are involved
- appreciate the design of slope stability, pavement sub-grades, and the use of geo-synthetics with appropriate consideration of the importance of water in soils, soil settlement and frost action
- distinguish between the strength of soils when either impacted by water or not
- act knowledgeably regarding mechanical stabilization, earthwork and compaction
- follow the subsurface investigation procedures that you learn in the course
Most engineers with responsibility for construction work need an understanding of different soils and how they behave. The depth of the required understanding need not be equal to that of geotechnical engineers who must use rigorous mathematics, extensive experience, theory and research in design. However, to be effective, the non-geotechnical engineers do need a comprehensive understanding of basic concepts to gain confidence in dealing with a variety of soils and geotechnical related problems that they encounter on engineering projects.
This course is designed so that participants can better understand soil behaviour and learn from specialists about soil problems and their solutions.
- Basic Soil Engineering Concepts
- Water in Soils
- Soil Strengths
- Settlement and Slope Stability
- Lateral Earth Pressure on Walls and Underground Structures
- Modification of Soils in Place
- Soil Identification Workshop
- Pavements, Sub-grades and Frost
- Soil Engineering Horror Stories
Who Should Attend
Civil, Municipal, Structural and Construction Engineers •Consulting Engineers • Plans Review Personnel In Municipalities• Public Works Professionals •Plant Engineers, who are involved with Structures, Infrastructure or Equipment Foundations• Architects •Technicians and Specialists • Geologists and Earth Scientists • Environmental Engineers Who Want To Understand Soil, and Sales Personnel Who Have Equipment or Products to Solve Soils Problems. The course will be of great value both for those who are new to soils as well as to those who have had experience with soils problems.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW