Stormwater Management - Design, Inspection and Operation/Maintenance of Stormwater Control Facilities
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- examine design applications in new and existing developments
- apply emerging techniques for stormwater quantity, quality and erosion control
- adjust to your changing role and responsibility
- employ cost effective operation and maintenance methods
The success of long-term cost effective operation of a stormwater management facility depends on the 1) appropriate design, 2) an efficient inspection program undertaken during the construction phase and 3) the adoption of well organized operation and maintenance practices. This workshop describes all the above aspects of stormwater management by assisting the designer to produce a cost effective design, with low maintenance cost and long-term trouble free operation.
Similarly, the workshop will assist those involved in the operation and maintenance program to understand the design principles, the required performance of the facility and to ensure that the BMP facilities are operating at their maximum efficiency over it useful life.
- Overview -The Big Picture - Why Do We Need Stormwater Management?
- Effect of urbanization
- Protection of Receiving Watercourses
- Selection of Design Criteria
- Review of Alternative Stormwater Water Management BMPs
- Special Cases: Redevelopment, Retrofits, and Infilling
- Design of Best Management Practices
- Outline of Design of the More Frequently Used Best Management Practices
- Overview of most frequently used hydrology and hydraulic computer models
- Inspection, Operation and Maintenance Practices
- Operation and Maintenance
Who Should Attend
Municipal Engineers • Designers • Operation and Maintenance Staff • Developers • Planners • Consultants • Engineers • Other Technical Personnel Responsible For Drainage and Stormwater Management Facilities
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW