Stormwater Management for Non-Stormwater Engineers
After participating in this course, you will be able to do the following:
- solve common hydrology and hydraulic engineering problems
- employ latest techniques in hydrology and hydraulic design procedures
- apply various analysis methods to estimate flows in rivers and drainage infrastructure
- assess the design of streams and rivers, culverts, bridge openings, drainage facilities, and stormwater management structures
Stormwater Management is a branch of engineering concerned with the study of water and the protection of people and property from the damaging effect of surface water.
The course was prepared for non-engineers and technicians who need a basic understanding of the three most commonly used branches of hydrotechnical engineering:
- Engineering hydrology
- Hydraulics of drainage infrastructure
- Drainage and stormwater management
This course provides the fundamentals without delving into complicated mathematical formulas. Lectures will include real life examples and simple hands-on exercises and problem-solving.
- Day 1- Hydrology and Hydraulics
- Introduction - Engineering Concepts
- Hydrologic Cycle
- Simplifications for ease of assessment
- River and Open Channel Hydraulics
- Hydraulic Structures
- Day 2- Land Drainage and Stormwater Management
- Why do we need stormwater management?
- Review of stormwater best management practices and role of stormwater management
- Drainage Design and Stormwater Management
Who Should Attend
Engineers and technologists not familiar with hydrotechnical engineering, such as:
- civil engineers
- mechanical engineers
- electrical engineers
- mining engineers
- chemical engineers
- agricultural engineers
- municipal engineers
- manufacturers of drainage products
- general contractors
- property managers
- directors of physical plants
- municipal building officials
- building inspectors
- field review personnel
- project engineers
- others who would like to know more about hydrotechnical systems, or require a refresher
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW