Strategies for Mitigating Project Risks
After participating in this course attendees will:
- Understand current construction industry trends that produce the greatest challenges and risks to successful project completion;
- Learn how projects end up completing late and over budget;
- Be exposed to strategies that can be implemented during the design and planning phases of a project to mitigate cost and schedule risks; and
- Learn how to develop and implement effective management tools and processes that will enhance the probability for project success.
Construction inherently carries many risks. Few programs or projects complete without changes and few change requests are totally without merit. Research shows that disputes do not magically appear during construction. Failure to actively plan for, manage, and mitigate risks can have profound consequences on the successful delivery of a capital project including delays to project delivery, budget overruns, claims and disputes, and wasted resources.
The most cost effective time to manage risks and mitigate disputes is early in the project lifecycle. This webinar provide owners, contractors, procurement managers, and internal audit managers with leading practices, insights, and strategies for mitigating project risks gained from the presenter’s experience analyzing hundreds of complex construction projects around the globe.
- Risk Mitigation Strategies: An Overview
- Risk Mitigation Strategies: Program Planning Phase
- Risk Mitigation Strategies: Pre-Construction Phase
- Risk Mitigation Strategies: Construction Phase
- Questions and Answers
Who Should Attend?
- Public and private owners and their representatives
- Purchasing and procurement professionals
- General contractors and subcontractors
- Internal Audit professionals
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW