Structural Engineering for Non-Structural Engineers
After participating in this course you will be able to:
- Apply structural analysis methods to beams, trusses, slabs, columns, walls, frames, footings, and pile foundations
- Assess the design of reinforced concrete and structural steel members
- Solve common structural engineering problems
- Employ wood and masonry design procedures
Non-structural engineers and architects need a basic understanding of structural engineering. This course provides the fundamentals without delving into complicated mathematical formulas. The course covers the design and construction of concrete, steel, wood, and masonry building structures. Lectures will be followed by simple hands-on exercises and problem-solving sessions.
- Structural loads and procedures
- Structural analysis
- Member properties
- Structural behaviour
- Reinforced concrete design
- Structural steel design
- Wood design
- Masonry design
- Building design sample
Who Should Attend
Architects • Non-Structural Engineers (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Mining, Chemical and Agricultural) • Plant Engineers • Fabricators and Manufacturers of Structural Systems • General Contractors • Property Managers • Directors of Physical Plants • Municipal Building Officials • Building Inspectors • Field Review Personnel • Project Engineers • Others wanting to know more about Structural Systems
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW