Structural Modelling: Behavior and Modelling of Different Lateral Load Structural Systems
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize different types of structural systems used to provide lateral resistance for concrete buildings
- Identify suitable lateral load structural system for each building
- Understand the behaviour of different lateral load structural systems
- Understand the finite element modelling of various structural components
This webinar introduces the behaviour of different lateral load structural resisting systems under lateral loads. This webinar also discusses the different methods to develop finite element models that accurately simulate the behaviour of additional lateral load structural systems.
Sophisticated three-dimensional modelling, which truly simulates different types of buildings, requires engineers to understand the complex behaviour of different lateral load structural systems and structural modelling using basic knowledge of the Finite Element Method.
This webinar series provides an opportunity to learn the principles and techniques of structural modelling of different types of concrete structures under lateral loads such as wind and seismic. The concepts and theories are explained thoroughly with conceptual examples, with no full numerical example due to time restraints.
Course Outline :
- Different types of structural systems are used to provide lateral resistance of different concrete structures
- Analysis and modelling of frame structures under lateral loads
- Analysis and modelling of shearwall structures considering torsional effects
- Analysis and modelling of coupled shearwall buildings
- Behaviour and modelling of wall-frame buildings
Who Should Attend:
- Structural Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Engineering Consultants
- Project Engineers
- City Engineers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW