Structural Modelling: Industrial Buildings
After participating in this course you will be able to
- Recognize different types of structural system used to provide lateral resistance for industrial buildings and low-rise steel buildings
- Identify different approaches to calculate wind and seismic loads on industrial buildings
- Understand the finite element modelling of different structural components
This webinar provides an introduction to the behavior of different lateral load structural resisting systems used for industrial and low-rise steel buildings. As well, this webinar discusses the different methods to develop finite element models that accurately simulates the behavior of different structural components of steel industrial buildings.
Note: It is strongly recommended that you take all four webinars to gain a full understanding of Structural Modelling High-rise and Industrial Buildings.
Sophisticated three-dimensional modelling, that truly simulates different types of buildings, requires engineers to understand the complex behavior of different lateral load structural systems and structural modelling using basic knowledge of Finite Element Method. This webinar series provides an opportunity to learn the principles and techniques of structural modelling of different types of structures under lateral loads such as wind and seismic. The concepts and theories are explained thoroughly with conceptual examples, with no full numerical example due to the time restrain.
- Wind loads on low-rise and industrial buildings
- Seismic loads on industrial buildings
- Sloped roofs diaphragms
- Analysis and modelling of braced frame structures under lateral loads
- Tension only bracing system
- Flexible, semi-rigid, and rigid diaphragms
Who Should Attend
- Structural Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Engineering Consultants
- Project Engineers
- City Engineers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW