Structural Modelling: Selected Topics in Modelling of Structural Components
After participating in this course you will be able to
- Understand the finite element modelling of some selected structural components
- Understand the behavior and modelling of different floor systems and diaphragms effect
- Identify the effect of modelling techniques on the response of structures
This webinar discusses selected topics in modelling of structural components and their effects on the overall structural response. The finite element modelling techniques and concepts are illustrated for these selected topics.
Note: It is strongly recommended that you take all four webinars to gain a full understanding of Structural Modelling High-rise and Industrial Buildings.
Sophisticated three-dimensional modelling, that truly simulates different types of buildings, requires engineers to understand the complex behavior of different lateral load structural systems and structural modelling using basic knowledge of Finite Element Method. This webinar series provides an opportunity to learn the principles and techniques of structural modelling of different types of structures under lateral loads such as wind and seismic. The concepts and theories are explained thoroughly with conceptual examples, with no full numerical example due to the time restrain.
- Analysis of different floor systems
- Seismic directional loading and torsional sensitivity
- Rigid and Semi-rigid Diaphragms
- Post-cracking/effective stiffness of concrete elements
- Modelling shearwalls with discontinuous
- Modelling of beam-column connection
Who Should Attend
- Structural Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Engineering Consultants
- Project Engineers
- City Engineers
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW