Structural Modelling: Selected Topics in Modelling of Structural Components
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the finite element modelling of some selected structural components
- Understand the behaviour and modelling of different concrete floor systems and the diaphragms effect
- Identify the effect of modelling techniques on the response of structures
This webinar discusses selected topics in modelling structural components and their effects on the overall structural response. The finite element modelling techniques and concepts are illustrated for these selected topics.
Sophisticated three-dimensional modelling, which truly simulates different types of buildings, requires engineers to understand the complex behaviour of different lateral load structural systems and structural modelling using basic knowledge of the Finite Element Method.
This webinar series provides an opportunity to learn the principles and techniques of structural modelling of different types of structures under lateral loads such as wind and seismic. The concepts and theories are explained thoroughly with conceptual examples, with no full numerical example due to time restraints.
Course Outline :
- Analysis of different concrete floor systems
- One-way and two-way slabs
- Flat plate and Flat slabs
- Steel decks
- Post-cracking/effective stiffness of concrete elements
- Conventional shear walls
- Ductile shear walls
Who Should Attend:
- Structural Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Engineering Consultants
- Project Engineers
- City Engineers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW