Structural Steel Connections - Design, Detail and Specifications
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Achieve economy on your projects by the skills developed through participating in the two workshops on designing and detailing connections under instructor guidance
- Design bolted and welded connections under static and dynamic loading
- Apply methods learnt from the course to achieve economy in design, fabrication and erection of steel structures
Connections form a very important part of any steel structure and integrity of the structure depends on them. Accurate details and specifications are required for fabrication to ensure trouble-free erection. There is a potential for achieving economy in designing and specifying connections which is the focus of this workshop.
- Connection types
- Bolts in bearing-type connections
- Bolts in slip-resistance connections
- Welding design for stiffeners
- Design of column base plates
- Hollow structural section connections
- Design for fatigue
- Connection design for earthquake loading
- Installation and inspection of bolts
Who Should Attend
Structural Designers • Consulting Engineers • Detailers • Specification Writers • Civil Engineers in large industries • Technicians and Technologists • Fabricators and Erectors of Steel Structures
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW