Structural Steel Connections - Design, Detail and Specifications
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Achieve economy on your projects by the skills developed through participating in the two workshops on designing and detailing connections under instructor guidance
- Design bolted and welded connections under static and dynamic loading
- Apply methods learnt from the course to achieve economy in design, fabrication and erection of steel structures
Connections form a very important part of any steel structure and integrity of the structure depends on them. Accurate details and specifications are required for fabrication to ensure trouble-free erection. There is a potential for achieving economy in designing and specifying connections which is the focus of this workshop.
- Connection types
- Bolts in bearing-type connections
- Bolts in slip-resistance connections
- Welding design for stiffeners
- Design of column base plates
- Hollow structural section connections
- Design for fatigue
- Connection design for earthquake loading
- Installation and inspection of bolts
Who Should Attend
Structural Designers • Consulting Engineers • Detailers • Specification Writers • Civil Engineers in large industries • Technicians and Technologists • Fabricators and Erectors of Steel Structures
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW