The Impact of Design, Construction and Maintenance Features on the Long-Term Performance of Pavements
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand key components and factors necessary for the cost-effective design of flexible and rigid pavements.
- Be able to identify design and construction features that may negatively impact the performance of pavements.
- Assist in developing specifications to ensure the performance of pavements.
This webinar illustrates the impact of design, construction and maintenance features on the long-term performance of flexible and rigid pavements. The primary design, specification and construction factors that contribute to the long-term functional and structural performance of pavements ranging from parking lots to municipal roadways, airports and major highways are discussed. Through a series of case studies, positive and negative features are presented to give the participant a good understanding of what we can do better to ensure the cost-effective use of transportation investments.
This course covers:
Some of the key design elements for concrete pavement design and construction include:
- Subgrade preparation
- Dowel bar alignment
- Dowel and tie bar placement
- Dowel bar insertion
- Dowel bar quality
- Joint detailing
- Proper detailing around utility covers
- Joint and crack sealing
- Deleterious materials in the concrete mix
- General construction site cleanliness
Some of the key design elements for asphalt pavement design and construction include:
- Subgrade preparation
- Asphalt stripping
- Mix problems
- Maintenance procedures
Who Should Attend
- Architects and engineers involved in the design, evaluation and management of pavements
- Roadway agencies
- Pavement maintenance staff
- Construction personnel
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW