Total Building Commissioning Process
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- detail the major energy components of total building commissioning
- incorporate the commissioning process in a successful design and construction approach as well as transition from the current design-build-supervise process to the commissioning process
- specify the key steps and tools used in the total building commissioning process
- recognize commissioning and recommissioning processes as accepted practices for building owners
- adopt the total building commissioning process principles in your organization
Building commissioning, a tool originally developed for HVAC systems, is being extended to all new building energy systems. Many major companies and government agencies now require the commissioning process on new construction and renovation projects. Owners of institutional, commercial, and industrial buildings and large multi-unit residential buildings must use proven quality management tools and process systems that match their needs, meet their budgets and schedules, and reduce operating problem (cost quality, energy efficiency).
In this course, you will consider the primary goals of the building commissioning process for new construction, but also briefly explore the activities and roles of recommissioning for existing buildings that have already been commissioned, retro-commissioning for buildings that had not yet been commissioned, and continuous commissioning.
- The Total (HVAC, Lighting, and Building Envelope) Commissioning Process: New Construction
- The Total Commissioning Phases
- Pre-Design and Design Phase
- Construction Phase
- Acceptance Phase
- LEED Building Commissioning VAC, Lighting, and Building Envelope)
- EnergyStar® Building (High-Rise) Commissioning
- Commissioning for Energy Management
Who Should Attend
Project Managers • Contractors and Trade Representatives • Municipal Engineers and Managers • Building Owners • Maintenance staff and Managers • Construction Managers • Building Designers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW