Traffic Signal Design and Operation
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- discover the design of an intersection from concept to completion
- benefit from the insight gained at this course the preparation necessary to develop design considerations, select signal equipment and its placement
- acquire practical methods to become more knowledgeable about uniform traffic control devices for Canada
- apply bikeway traffic control and accessible pedestrian signals guidelines
- expand your knowledge of transit priority system
Recent advances in technology and sophistication in hardware and software, have made it possible to design and build more effective and reliable traffic signals and traffic signal systems. Expectation of better service in local areas is increasing as more motorists experience the newer and more effective traffic signal systems. Consequently, many transportation authorities are faced with the demands, not only for additional traffic signals, but also for upgrade of the existing traffic signal systems to meet increased traffic flows and safety concerns.
If your existing traffic signal systems cannot meet the new demands placed on them, join us at this course to share experiences of specialists in this field.
- Pre-Design Activities
- Design of an Intersection
- Operational Requirements
- Traffic Signals &Detectors
- Bikeway Traffic Control Guidelines for Canada
- Design of the Intersection and Ongoing Signal Operations
- Accessible Pedestrian Signals
- Emergency Pre-emption and Transit Priority
- Advanced Traffic management Systems ( ATMS)
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
Who Should Attend:
Directors and Managers of Transportation • Transportation Planners• Engineers • Signal Analysts /Designers • Signal Maintenance Engineers • Traffic Project Inspectors • Public Works and Development Reviewers • Bicycle Route Planners and Landscape Architects
This course is designed to provide the state-of-the art body of knowledge in traffic engineering in small parcels, each interwoven with case studies, which emphasize &demonstrate application of the knowledge gained through lectures.. You come out from the course with a new confidence in handling traffic signal design &operation problems.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW