Tunnel Design, Construction and Rehabilitation
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of tunnel design and construction aspects
- Learn the basics of designing and construction aspects of cut and cover tunnels, soft ground Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) tunnels, Rock tunnels using TBM or drill and Blast, Immersed Tube Tunnels, and tunnel rehabilitation methods
- Addressing issues related to risk mitigation, risk sharing and safety of tunnel construction
- Implement requirements, procedures and techniques for safe and effective design and construction of tunnels
This course offers the fundamentals of the design and construction of tunnelling, including issues related to geotechnical explorations and baseline reports, tunnel alignment selection, TBM types, support systems and design methods, settlement prediction and control, tunnel construction, design and construction challenges, risk management and mitigation, rehabilitation of old tunnels, and case histories.
The course will focus on the practical aspects of the design and construction of tunnels rather than analytical approaches.
- Geotechnical Investigation for Tunnelling
- Geotechnical Baseline Report
- Tunnel Planning including in urban areas
- Cut-and-Cover Tunnels and Underground Structures
- Rock Tunnels
- Soft Ground Tunnels
- Sequential Excavation Method (SEM) or New Austrian Tunnelling Method (NATM)
- Tunnel Liner and Precast Segmental Liner
- Immersed Tube Tunnels
- Shafts Design and Construction
- Settlement and Impact Assessment
- Instrumentation and monitoring and Ground Improvement methods.
- Construction planning and logistics
- Risk management and project delivery methods
- Tunnel rehabilitation
- Case studies will be provided in each section
Who Should Attend
Municipal engineers • Consulting Engineers • Designers • Construction Engineers and Superintendents • Operation and Maintenance Staff • Developers • Planners • Consultants • Engineers • Contractors • Other Technical Personnel Responsible for Tunnel Design, Construction, and ManagementREQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW