Urban Flood Control, Land Drainage and Stormwater Management
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Apply new techniques to enhance the protection of life and property from flood damage select computer software for application in flood control and urban drainage design
- Strengthen your skills in flood control and urban drainage system design
- Understand limitations of the standard of practice and examine state of the art engineering
- Gain a solid understanding of water quality design principles and criteria
This workshop provides a detailed review of the complex stormwater management pond design procedures. By participating in this seminar, you will focus on the latest application of sound planning, design, construction and maintenance practices for stormwater management ponds.
The workshop will cover a review of the building blocks of a pond design, such as hydrology and hydraulic calculations that underlie a design. It will provide an overview of the current criteria required by approval agencies, and a review of pond layout components, such as forebays, permanent and active storages, inlets, outlets, and spillways.
- Overview of stormwater management for flood control and improving water quality
- Selection of Design Criteria for Flood Control
- Stormwater design criteria
- Pond design, operation, inspection, maintenance, and monitoring
Who Should Attend
Those involved with the design, construction, operation, maintenance, or review of stormwater ponds, including:
Drainage Engineers • Municipal Engineers • Consultants • Technologists • Developers • Planners • Supervisors • Field and Technical personnel.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW