Urban Flood Control, Land Drainage and Stormwater Management
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Apply new techniques to enhance the protection of life and property from flood damage.
- Select computer software for application in flood control and urban drainage design
- Strengthen your skills in flood control and urban drainage system design
- Understand the limitations of the standard of practice and examine state-of-the-art engineering
- Gain a solid understanding of water quality design principles and criteria
After a brief refresher of basic hydrology, this seminar focuses on the practical application of sound planning and design practices, specific stormwater management techniques, and a detailed review of the complex stormwater management pond design procedures. By participating in this course, you will focus on the latest application of sound planning, design, construction, and maintenance practices for stormwater management ponds.
The workshop will review the building blocks of a pond design, such as hydrology and hydraulic calculations that underlie a design. It will provide an overview of the current criteria required by approval agencies and a review of pond layout components, such as forebays, permanent and active storages, inlets, outlets, and spillways.
Case studies will be presented to demonstrate, in practical terms, the pros and cons of alternative strategies, how to avoid pitfalls and the characteristics of successfully designed systems.
- Overview of stormwater management for flood control and improving water quality
- Selection of Design Criteria for Flood Control
- Stormwater design criteria
- Pond design, operation, inspection, maintenance, and monitoring
- Review of Case Studies and Design Examples
Who Should Attend
Those involved with the design, construction, operation, maintenance, or review of stormwater ponds, including:
Drainage Engineers • Municipal Engineers • Consultants • Technologists • Developers • Planners • Supervisors • Field and Technical personnel.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW