Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineering
After participating in this course you will be able to do the following:
- Analyze joints using fundamental knowledge of various material strengths
- Design welded joints using basic weld design principles
- Prevent failures by using knowledge of metal fatigue
- Apply the fundamentals of welded joints in structures
Welding provides architects and engineers with an economical technique for complete freedom in structural design and development. The widespread recognition of welding as a safe means of making structural connections has come about only after years of diligent efforts and heavy documentation of research findings and successes.
This course will discuss the different welding techniques used in the structural engineering fields, residual stresses, and how to minimize weld distortion. It will also focus on the means of achieving safe designs for welded structural connections, providing participants with the necessary skills to ensure the long-term safety of their structures. Issues of static load and fatigue will be discussed, along with possible design improvements.
- Introduction to Welded Construction
- Welding Process
- Performance of Welded Structures under Static Loading
- Welded Joint Design
- Residual Stress and Distortion
- Ways to Minimize Distortion and Prevent Weld Failures
- Performance of Welded Structures under Fatigue Loading
- Welded Design Improvements
Who Should Attend:
Fabricators and Engineers who are involved in the design and assessment of welded structures • Engineers who are involved in the Fatigue Analysis of Structures Subjected to Repeated Loading • Structural Consulting Engineers • Project Managers • Construction Engineers.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW