Wind Effects on Buildings: Design Using the National Building Code
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- develop a good understanding of how wind interacts with buildings and other structures
- make calculations of wind loads on structures and cladding for design purposes
- assess the impact of ground level snow drifting and work out roof snow loading
- know how to use the provisions of the Canadian wind code
- find out how to reduce wind loads and ensure wind resistant construction
Wind engineering applications form an integral part of the building design process, providing architects and design engineers with a comprehensive understanding of the interaction between environmental factors and building design. A proper connotation of this interaction can provide significant cost savings to building owners. Wind engineering and building aerodynamics examine the impact of wind action on a building in terms of wind pressures.
Concerns related to off-site impacts of new construction on existing surroundings, and microclimatic impacts on pedestrian areas are also addressed through wind engineering studies.
- Introduction to Wind Engineering
- Meteorological Aspects
- Applications / Practice
- Building Aerodynamics
- Provisions of the Canadian Wind Code
- Wind Loads on Structures
- Wind Design Case Study
- Pedestrian Winds
- Ground Level Snow Drifting and Snow Loading on Roofs
- Design Cases
Who Should Attend:
Building Designers • Architects • Builders • Civil and Construction Engineers • Building Officials • Others Involved in the Design, Construction, Operation and Maintenance of Buildings and Other Structures
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW