Window Performance and New Technology
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- learn how to select the right windows for your project
- master window detailing to make windows an integral part of the building envelope
- become knowledgeable about new developments to make windows efficient energy filters
- increase on site performance of windows
- strengthen your retrofitting skills to make windows an efficient building component
Windows are the most complicated and challenging part of the building envelope for they must meet the requirements of the National Building Code without violating budgets. Also, windows are expected to admit and retain heat in winter, control heat gain in the summer, block noise, permit ventilation air to enter while keeping rain out, remain clear and free of condensation, allow sunlight to enter while not causing discomfort due to glare, and shield occupants from odours and airborne pollutants. Selecting
and retrofitting windows to meet these diverse requirements is a major challenge for the owner.
This course will discuss performance requirements, installation and retrofit considerations, standards, testing, specifying and selecting. Problems experienced with windows on building projects
and successful solutions will also be presented. A workshop on the actual performance of windows helps you learn ways to increase performance of your windows.
- Windows: Overview of Issues and Constraints
- Performance Testing - Lab and Field Testing and Computer Simulation
- Codes and Standards
- Specifying, Selecting and Estimating
- Window Design and Installation Considerations
- Window Upgrade or Replacement
- Case Study
Who Should Attend
Owners • Architects and Design Engineers • Construction Superintendents • Project Managers • Property Managers • Building Inspectors • Estimators • Specification Writers • Contractors and Renovators • Home Builders • Glazing and Window Manufacturers • Suppliers and Installers • Technical Sales Representatives • Officials Responsible For Selecting, Installing and Maintaining Windows In Institutional, Commercial, Industrial and Residential Buildings.REQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW