50+ Data Visualization, Mapping and Graphic Design Tools for Engineers
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Cite why engineers need to enhance their data visualization skills in a post-literate world dominated by visual imagery and multimedia storytelling
- Use little-known Excel plug-ins and features that can easily and instantly improve the visual appeal of any engineering report
- Utilize leading online mapping tools to create custom maps and geolocation displays that include images, videos, placemarks and more
- Embed rich media -- videos, photos, audio and more -- in traditionally static online documents that will make engineering reports literally come alive
- Create professional-looking infographics and visual resumes from drag-and-drop templates in seconds with no design skill
The session highlights 50+ easy-to-use graphic tools in a dozen categories from Excel plug-ins to interactive images to information dashboards and how they can be used by engineers to more effectively visually communicate, cut through data clutter, improve analysis and decision-making, attract traffic, generate buzz, inspire action and much more.
- Why speaking in images is critical in today’s mobile, social, visually-rich and billion-screen universe
- Where to outsource your visualization projects to top global designers for as little as $5
- How to create graphics using leading visual applications in a dozen categories (including word clouds, maps, video production, live broadcasting, interactive images, brainstorming, infographics and more)
- Where to go online for the latest and best visual design tutorials and business visual communication standards
Who Should Attend:
Those practitioners who wish to make their engineering reports more visual, understandable, shareable, intuitive, collaborative and multimedia-rich including:
Design Engineers • Facility Engineers • Engineering Consultants • Material Managers • Facility Operators • Project Managers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW