50+ Data Visualization, Mapping and Graphic Design Tools for Engineers
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Cite why engineers need to enhance their data visualization skills in a post-literate world dominated by visual imagery and multimedia storytelling
- Use little-known Excel plug-ins and features that can easily and instantly improve the visual appeal of any engineering report
- Utilize leading online mapping tools to create custom maps and geolocation displays that include images, videos, placemarks and more
- Embed rich media -- videos, photos, audio and more -- in traditionally static online documents that will make engineering reports literally come alive
- Create professional-looking infographics and visual resumes from drag-and-drop templates in seconds with no design skill
The session highlights 50+ easy-to-use graphic tools in a dozen categories from Excel plug-ins to interactive images to information dashboards and how they can be used by engineers to more effectively visually communicate, cut through data clutter, improve analysis and decision-making, attract traffic, generate buzz, inspire action and much more.
- Why speaking in images is critical in today’s mobile, social, visually-rich and billion-screen universe
- Where to outsource your visualization projects to top global designers for as little as $5
- How to create graphics using leading visual applications in a dozen categories (including word clouds, maps, video production, live broadcasting, interactive images, brainstorming, infographics and more)
- Where to go online for the latest and best visual design tutorials and business visual communication standards
Who Should Attend:
Those practitioners who wish to make their engineering reports more visual, understandable, shareable, intuitive, collaborative and multimedia-rich including:
Design Engineers • Facility Engineers • Engineering Consultants • Material Managers • Facility Operators • Project Managers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW