Cybersecurity & Privacy Basics for Engineers and Technical Professionals
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Establish or improve your cybersecurity and privacy management program using international standards, allowing you to effectively perform core cybersecurity and privacy activities at work, and in your personal life; in all locations where personal and sensitive data is located.
- Implement cybersecurity and privacy controls to meet compliance requirements, prevent security incidents, protect privacy, and improve safety in work, public, and personal living environments.
- Identify personal data and other sensitive data throughout work and personal systems, then determine security and privacy safeguards needed to protect personal and sensitive data (such as financial, design, and project data) during collection, storage, transmission, and processing.
- Understand current and common cybersecurity and privacy threats and vulnerabilities (ransomware, other malware, supply chain partners, social engineering, zero-day threats, etc.) and associated protections to protect against them.
- Have access to additional resources to use to maintain ongoing privacy, security, and associated safety protections.
This course provides a succinct overview of cybersecurity and privacy risks of which all engineers and technical professionals need to be aware, and how to effectively mitigate the risks within organizations and in the personal lives of personnel. Examples of the concepts are provided, along with descriptions and advice for planning how to address the risks, and the next steps to take practical and effective actions to mitigate the risks.
Real-life use cases of cybersecurity and privacy incidents will be reviewed, and explanations of the types of actions that could have been taken to have prevented the incidents will be discussed.
- Current cybersecurity and privacy facts, laws, risks, and incidents
- Using cybersecurity and privacy to improve safety
- Security and privacy controls necessary in organizations
- Security and privacy controls necessary in personal life
- Cybersecurity and privacy program key elements
- Cybersecurity tips and checklists for organizations and individuals
- Privacy tips and checklists for organizations and individuals
- Important parting advice
- Cybersecurity and privacy resources
Who Should Attend:
Practitioners that depend upon, or have within their work environment, technologies, including but not limited to:
- Technical personnel
- Facility managers
- IT managers
- Sourcing/Contracting managers
- Design engineers
- Facility engineers
- Electric grid engineers
- Construction engineers
- Engineering consultants
- Transportation engineers
- Material managers
- Facility operators
- Environmental scientists
- Cybersecurity managers
- Privacy managers
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW