Google Docs for Engineers and Technical Professionals
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Identify Google Docs core concepts, benefits and challenges
- Highlight leading Google Docs case studies from multiple professions
- Review how practitioners can succeed using Google Docs
- Discuss key Google Docs resources and communities online
- Prepare a basic Google Docs starter strategy for your operations and career
This course provides a concise overview of Google Docs, a cloud-based word processing application by Google. Similar to Microsoft Word, the tool allows users to create documents, add text, edit paragraphs, apply formatting, copy and paste content, incorporate headers and footers, embed a table of contents, insert images, integrate footnotes and much more.
While Word is the default tool and industry standard for most accountants, Google Docs has most of Word's functionality and many underrated capabilities which are clearly superior to its Microsoft rival. These include online collaboration, team communications, mobility, version control, revision history, cloud storage, translation, Google integration, and scores of third-party add-ons.
Participants will walk away with a Google Docs toolkit that can be immediately applied to improve their online productivity and efficiency.
- What is Google Docs?
- Key Set Up Steps and Apps
- Key Strengths and Weaknesses
- Google Docs vs. Microsoft Word: Which is “Better”?
- Google Docs Versions
- Quick Start Guide
- What You Can Do in Google Docs That You Can’t in Microsoft Word
- Google Docs Add-Ons
- Google Docs Help Resources
- Key Takeaways
Who Should Attend:
Those practitioners who want an introductory and non-technical understanding of Google Docs including:
Design Engineers • Facility Engineers • Engineering Consultants • Material Managers • Facility Operators • Project Managers
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW