Basic Electrical Theory
This webinar is also part of Web Series: Basics of Electrical Theory, Digital-Electric Circuits, Protection & Control which includes the following 3 webinars:
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the physics of electricity; current, voltage and power
- Calculate electrical power
- Manipulate series and parallel circuits
- Understand and work with electrical fields (capacitors and inductors)
- Understand AC vs DC
In this webinar, conductors and insulators are investigated, along with their connected components, capacitors, inductors. The student will be introduced to, the first, and perhaps the most important, relationship between current, voltage, and impedance, Ohm’s Law, and it’s relevance to series and parallel circuits. Subsequently this will lead to the development of the Kirchhoff's Laws to further analyze network analysis & complex electrical circuits.
With the help of complex numbers, reactance and impedance are investigated as they relate to AC circuits.
- What is electricity; current, voltage and power
- Electrical fields & electromagnetism
- Electrical power
- Series and parallel circuits
- Kirchhoff's current & voltage laws
- Theorems (Superposition, Thevenin, Norton)
- Capacitors and inductors
- Alternating Current
- Vectors & phasors
- How capacitors and inductors work with AC
Who Should Attend:
Those wanting to review the basics before going on to further study the more complex issues and components of electrical power, such as:
Managers • Engineers • Technologists • Maintenance Workers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.