After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Know the major components and subsystems of various types of diesel engines
- Examine the applications, performance and economics of diesel engine generation plants
- Understand various equipment for diesel engine monitoring and control mechanisms, generators, and auxiliaries
- Discover the maintenance required for diesel engine generators to minimize their operating cost and maximize efficiency, reliability and longevity
- Increase your knowledge of predictive and preventive maintenance and reliability
Diesel engines are often used to drive electric power generators in emergency applications and peak-shaving services. This seminar is designed to provide you with a comprehensive overview of diesel engines and the integration of associated generators.
Topics discussed include applications, diesel engines, electrical generators, controls, economics, preventive maintenance and reliability. You will receive descriptions of equipment and operational experiences for specific types of diesel generators, including information on various field conditions in a generic manner to cover most manufacturers’ equipment and applications.
- Engine fuel generator relationships
- Combustion generated emissions
- Advanced monitoring & control systems
- Serviceability & service techniques
- Preventive maintenance
- Modes of operation
- Unusual operating conditions
- Generator power output system
- Protective relaying systems
- Requirements for interconnection
Who Should Attend
Engineering Managers Electrical Engineers Technicians & Technologists Design Engineers Process Engineers Project Engineers Operation & Maintenance personnel Consultants
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.