Electrical Power Systems Modeling and Simulation
After completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Model electrical power system using Easy Power
- Run the power flow calculation to identify the undersized equipment and bus under-voltage
- Run short circuit calculation and equipment duty to identify if there is equipment which cannot withstand the maximum short circuit power
- Run protection coordination, provide the optimum setting of the protection relays to achieve the best protection and coordination
- Run arc flash calculation, using NFPA 70E or IEEE1584 to identify the arc energy when working on power on electrical system and the required PPE
Today's society relies heavily on electrical energy. generation; transmission and distribution are forming the BULK electrical system.
The electrical power system is vital for all industrial segments and residential consumers. In this course, the participant will learn how to build an electrical model for an existing system or use the generic model for the study of a new system. All possible normal operation and abnormal operation configurations can be evaluated to provide the fundamental support for optimisation of the electrical power system configuration.
- Electrical system modeling
- Data collection
- Validation of the electrical system model
- Build electrical model & configuration management
- Load flow calculation
- Active & reactive power balance in the electrical system
- Bus voltage evaluation & improvement
- Equipment & cable sizing
- Short circuit calculation
- Equipment duty
- Protection coordination
- Protection relay setting sheets
- Arc flash calculation
- PPE requirements
- Generating arc flash labels & reports
Who Should Attend:
Electrical Engineers • Electrical Engineering Technologist • Managers with Electrical Background
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.