After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Get refreshed on energy basics, energy facts and statistics.
- Learn about the value of direct application of renewable energy sources to the point of use.
- Get introduced to major renewable energy technologies and explore the physics principles behind those technologies.
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of major renewable energy technologies like: hydroelectric, tidal, wave, wind, geothermal, solar heat, solar light, solar PV, solar chimney and biomass.
- Get updated on some of the major, more recent, notable renewable projects in the world.
This webinar caters to Engineers, Technicians, Facilities Managers and other Professionals who are interested in enhancing their understanding of renewable energy, and would like to learn about principles, practicality and potential of some of the leading methods and sources of renewable energy.
The webinar begins with a brief introduction of the basics of energy and power. It also addresses the current footprint and relative cost differences between some of the major renewable energy systems and sources.
The discussion on the topic of renewable energy is premised on diagrams, schematics and pictures pertaining to major renewable energy systems.
- Energy Basics and its various forms; energy facts and statistics
- Established and proven renewable energy systems; including: Hydroelectric Power, Tidal Power, Wave Power, Geothermal Power, Solar Heat and Solar PV Power, Biomass Power, Wind Energy, Piezoelectric Power,
- Feasibility and cost aspects of various renewable energy systems
- Advantages, disadvantages, strengths and weaknesses of various renewable energy systems
- Cutting edge, experimental and relatively unknown renewable energy systems
- Financial justification and implementation of energy projects
Who Should Attend:
- Utility Industry Professionals
- Facility Managers
- Maintenance Managers
- Energy Engineers Energy Professionals and Energy Managers
- Engineering Managers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.