Solar PV System Design
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Apply basic principles of solar cell operation & comply with electrical authority and system operator
- Perform AC and DC system losses, fault analysis at combiner boxes & assess solar farm site
- Complete design layout and orientation, financial evaluations and operation of utility scale inverters
- Transform to AC and connection medium voltage (MV) distribution system
- Understand safe design (AC arc flash analysis, labeling and interlocking)
The last renewable energy resource to be developed in Canada, solar PV systems are unfamiliar to many engineers involved in power generation. The course deals with solar site assessment, installation consideration, financial evaluation of design, DC and AC losses, utility scale inverters, PV system commissioning and authorities technical requirements.
The course focuses on ground-mounted, grid-connected, medium and large utility scale solar farms connected to medium-voltage hydro circuits. Participants will also learn about overall solar farm configuration including DC and AC design and conceptual design of MV substation and AC collector circuits.
Course Outline :
- PV modules
- String voltage & current sizing
- String combiners & recombiners
- Solar farm site assessment
- DC system losses
- DC to AC transformation
- Testing & commissioning of PV system
Who Should Attend:
Owners • Electrical Designers • Electrical Engineers • Sales Engineers • Electricians • Project Managers • Installation & Operating Engineers requiring knowledge of PV Solar Systems
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.