Wind Farm Development, Design, Operation and Maintenance
After participating in this course you will be able to do the following:
- identify the necessary steps for developing a wind farm
- conduct an economic feasibility analysis
- produce a cost estimate for your wind power plant
- realize the uncertainties and financial risk in a wind energy project
- avoid the financial pitfalls due to overestimation or miscalculations
- increase the efficiency of operating and maintaining your power plant
Wind energy is one of the two growing renewable energy industries. Each year many new wind farms are developed all over the world. Canada has tremendous wind energy resources that have the potential to be utilized for generating electric power. Presently we have just scratched the surface of Canada’s massive wind energy potential.
Observing the direction of growth and government support through tax credits and incentives for the wind industry in the United States & other countries, the growth in Canada will not lag behind. This seminar covers all aspects of wind power generation and wind farm development, including resource assessment, selection of technology, calculation of daily and yearly production, environmental concerns, turbine installation, financing evaluation, system operation, and preventive maintenance.
- Wind Resource Assessment
- Fundamentals and Turbine Types
- Electricity and Electric Generators
- Wind Turbine Characteristics and Turbine Selection
- Energy Yield and Financial Considerations
- Wind Forecasting and Project Assessment
- Siting and Wind Farm Design
- Power Purchase Agreements, Transmission Access, and Interconnection
- Environmental Effects and Concerns
- Wind Farm Operations and Maintenance
Who Should Attend
Wind farm project developers• Planners & power producers • Utilities personnel involved in wind farm operations • Consulting engineers• Energy consultants • Constructors • Wind farm equipment & component vendors; • environmental, regulatory, legal & insurance personnel
• Operations & maintenance personnel of Existing Plants, Managers and Technical staff from companies who intend to step into renewable energy.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.