Electrical Power Equipment - Selection, Commissioning and Maintenance
After participating in this course you will be able to do the following:
- select the most appropriate equipment for your project
- use diagnostic testing
- inspect equipment with an awareness of common failure modes
- apply advanced fault detection techniques
- cut costs using predictive and preventive maintenance
Many industries are concerned with the maximum efficiency, reliability, and longevity of electrical equipment. Using the latest technology, this seminar addresses the above objectives by covering the successful operation of motors, variable-speed drives, transformers, generators, rectifiers, inverters, uninterruptible power systems, circuit breakers, and fuses. Participants will learn detailed information about the equipment’s basic design, operating characteristics, specification, selection criteria, advanced fault detection techniques, critical components, and maintenance issues.
- Electrical Switching Stresses
- Substation Components
- Major Equipment
- Low and Medium-Voltage Switchgear & Circuit Breakers
- Short Circuit in Electrical Protection Systems
- Coordination of Electrical Protection Systems
- Distribution Transformers
- Grounding of MV and LV systems
- Protective Relaying, Control, and Metering
- Arc Flash Hazard and Mitigation by Design
Who Should Attend:
Electrical & Mechanical Engineers • Technicians & Technologists • Project Engineers • Power Plant Managers • Outage Managers • Maintenance & Operations Engineers • Marine Inspectors • Computer Technologists • Procurement Managers • Sales Managers • Electricians
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW