Electrical Overhead and Underground Distribution Systems
After participating in this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify all the components of a distribution system
- Describe customer service policy issues, industry standards, and accepted practices
- Apply the correct standards and codes to the different zones of power distribution systems
- Select the appropriate overhead and underground distribution system components
- implement the latest national and international standards for distribution system components
The course covers the special knowledge and skills needed for the efficient implementation of safe and economical electrical distribution projects. Through interaction with your instructor and fellow participants, you will learn about planning and design considerations, overhead conductors, structure types and loading, fault protection coordination, arc flash, system grounding and electrical and mechanical characteristics of cables.
Topics also covered include designs and ratings of distribution transformers, capacitors ratings and types, protection in distribution systems, and distributed generation. Your learning experience will include group discussions of specific situations.
- General Planning and Design Considerations
- Substation Components
- Cable Construction, Standards and Specifications
- Pole Structure, Type, and Design
- Power Systems Studies
- Arc Flash
- Grounding & Distributed Generation
- Pad-mounted Distribution Transformers
Who Should Attend:
Utility Engineers Consulting Engineers Project Managers Engineers Technicians Contractors Inspectors Safety Personnel Supervisors Manufacturers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.