Electrical Power Distribution System for Industrial Plants
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Plan your system and select equipment for it
- Benefit from a clear understanding of all aspects of power distribution system
- Apply the electrical code to your projects
- Manage important issues such as load estimating, voltage selection, shortage circuit studies and power protection
- Increase efficiency of your distribution system by applying your new knowledge of the power distribution system and equipment
Electric power distribution system plays an important role in the efficient operation of a modern industrial plant. Such a system includes high voltage circuit breakers, switchgear, transformers, motor control centers, electric motors, variable speed drives, etc. A trouble-free electrical system is essential for an interruption-free plant operation.
This course will cover all aspects of power distribution, including system planning, equipment selection and application, system grounding, protection and conformity with electrical code requirements, etc. Participants will work under instructor guidance to develop a power distribution system single line diagram for a typical industrial plant.
- System planning as applicable to industrial plants
- Short circuit studies for equipment rating & relaying
- Load analysis
- System neutral grounding
- Electrical safety
- Review of major equipment
- Workshop - development of single line diagrams
- Protective devices & relay setting
- Surge voltage protection
- Energy management & plant utility interface
Who Should Attend
Electrical Power Distribution Engineers • Electrical Power System Engineers • Plant Managers • Plant Engineers from all types of industries particularly Chemical & Petroleum • Large Institutional Power Distribution Engineers • Consulting Engineers • Technical Personnel involved in the Design, Engineering, Operation & Maintenance of Power Distribution System in Industrial Plants
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.