Modern Power System Protective Relaying
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- use your knowledge of protection techniques
- further your understanding of protective devices
- determine your own relay settings
- apply your awareness of recommended practices in protection schemes
- understand problems generally faced and solutions
Protection of low, medium & high voltage power systems requires an understanding of system faults & their detection, as well as their safe disconnection from the power system. This course presents a comprehensive & systematic description of the concepts & principles of operation & application of protection schemes for various power system elements such as feeders, transformers, motors, buses & generators. This course deals with protection systems from a practical perspective & includes important functional aspects such as testing & coordination of protection systems.
This course is specially designed for industries & utilities which depend on proper system protection for operational efficiency & minimizing damage to equipment.
- Power System Faults
- Components of Power System Protection Schemes
- Current Transformers & Voltage Transformers
- Feeder Overcurrent Protection
- Coordination of Electrical Protection Systems
- Motor protection
- Bus Protection
- Transformer Protection
- Generator Protection
- Cogeneration & Non-Utility Generation (NUG) Protection
- Transmission Line Protection
- Capacitor Protection
Who Should Attend
Engineers • Technicians & Technologists in the Industrial, Consulting & Utility fields • Those Involved in Design, Regulatory Inspection, Operation & Maintenance
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.