Per-Unit System Analysis of Electrical Power Systems
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize Per Unit Values
- Understand the Advantages of using Per-Unit Values
- Derive the Base Quantities of a System
- Define the Basic Steps to the Per Unit Conversion Process
- Work Out Practical Single & Three Phase Examples
This course is designed to provide a basic understanding of Per Unit System used in the calculations and analysis of single and three phase power circuits. It will provide the student with the background knowledge on which the modern day computer software programs are based. It will include working examples of practical situations and the way manufacturers use per unit and percent impedances when describing the ratings of their products.
- Defining Per Unit Values
- Defining the Base Quantities
- Converting to/from Per Unit Values
- Per Unit Values in a Three Phase System
- Understanding Transformer Ratios in the Per Unit System
- Understanding “Y” & “Delta” Loads in the Per Unit System
- Working Single and Three Phase Examples
- “Base” Conversion
- The Per-Unit System Advantages
Who Should Attend:
Those looking to work in the protection and control area of power systems and wish to have a more comprehensive understanding of the basic workings of this area.
- Maintenance Workers
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.