Introduction to LED Lighting and Luminaires
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply lighting terminology and parameters to LED lamps & luminaires
- Evaluate the performance and reliability of a LED lamp retrofit or LED luminaire
- Identify the compliance of lighting products with specific codes and standards
- Select the replacement of traditional lighting sources with LED lighting
- Develop basic skills for specification of LED luminaires based on lighting performance, cost, ergonomics and ecology
In recent years, developments in LED technology have fueled the transition of the lighting industry from traditional light sources (incandescent, fluorescent, HID) to the light-emitting diode (LED). Whether it's about import or manufacturing, code compliance or lighting applications, the evaluation of the LED lamps and fixtures requires specific knowledge and understanding of technical parameters.
This course focuses on basic knowledge in three main areas: lighting, electricity and thermal regime. The presentation continues with design and construction details and recommends selection criteria of LED luminaires, as a function of lighting performance, total cost, work environment and ecological impact.
- Basic notions: lighting, electricity, heat
- Lumen, lux, candela, photometry, IES file
- Electrical voltage, current, AC, DC, PF
- Heat, conduction, convection, radiation
- LED diode, LED driver, thermal reliability
- LED lamps, luminaires, performance
- Tests & compliance: CSA, IES, DLC, ICES
- Replacement of traditional light sources
- Quality of light, energy savings, ecology
- Smart lighting, cost of ownership
Who Should Attend
Building Managers Specification Engineers Lighting Designers Project Managers Government Auditors Municipal Inspectors & Personnel Electrical Contractors Engineers & Technicians involved in the Design & Test of Lighting Fixtures
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.