Basic Transformers, Connections and Protection
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand electromagnetism as it relates to transformers
- Identify power and instrument transformers
- Understand three-phase connection variations
- Understand the various types of transformer protections
- Identify some of the mechanical and cooling features of transformers
This course is designed around an understanding of transformers from a protection and control aspect. It starts with a fundamental understanding of the principals of electromagnetism as it applies to voltage and current transformation and examines core types and three-phase transformer construction. Instrument transformers are reviewed including the phenomena of saturation effects on relaying.
Power transformer losses are discussed. Three-phase transformer configurations are examined as well as Y, Delta & ZigZag combinations along with the current and voltage vector relations. The mechanical aspects are also briefly examined, including cooling and oil analysis.
- Potential & current transformers
- 3 phase transformer configurations
- Vector analysis
- Differential protection
- The Buchholz relay protection
- Oil analysis
Who Should Attend:
Those looking to have a more comprehensive understanding of the basic workings of transformers and power systems, including:
Engineers • Designers • Engineers in Training •Technologists • Maintenance personnel • Managers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.