Wind Farm Development, Design, Operation and Maintenance
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the necessary steps for developing a wind farm
- Conduct an economic feasibility analysis
- Produce a cost estimate for your wind power plant
- Realize the uncertainties and financial risk in a wind energy project
- Avoid the financial pitfalls due to overestimation or miscalculations
- Increase the efficiency of operating and maintaining your power plant
Wind energy is one of the two growing renewable energy industries. Each year many new wind farms are developed all over the world. Canada has tremendous wind energy resources that have the potential to be utilized for generating electric power. Presently we have 299 wind farms in Canada with close to 13000 MW capacity, but a massive wind energy potential to exploit.
Observing the rate of growth and government support through tax credits and incentives for the wind industry in almost all countries, the growth in Canada will not and should not lag behind. This workshop covers all aspects of wind power generation and wind farm development, including resource assessment, selection of technology, calculation of daily and yearly production, environmental concerns, turbine installation, financing evaluation & risk assessment, system operation, and preventive maintenance.
- Wind resource assessment
- Fundamentals & turbine types
- Electricity & electric generators
- Wind turbine characteristics & turbine selection
- Energy yield & financial considerations
- Wind forecasting & project assessment
- Siting & wind farm design
- Power purchase agreements, transmission access & interconnection
- Environmental effects & concerns
- Wind farm operations & maintenance
Who Should Attend
Wind Farm Project Developers Planners & Power Producers Utilities Personnel involved in Wind Farm Operations Consulting Engineers Energy Consultants Constructors Wind Farm Equipment & Component Vendors Environmental, Regulatory, Legal & Insurance Personnel Operations & Maintenance Personnel of Existing Plants Managers & Technical Staff from companies intending to step into renewable energy
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW