Transformer Operational Principles, Selection and Troubleshooting
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Apply transformer operating principles
- Gain knowledge of practical solutions for specifying, operating and maintaining power transformers in a utility or plant environment
- Avoid costly errors from specifying the wrong transformer for your application
- Examine the possibilities of maximizing efficiency and economical performance of your transformer fleet
- Determine transformer specifications to suit various applications
Transformers are major components of electrical power systems. This course combines theoretical and practical aspects of transformer design, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting. The course emphasizes the importance of the magnetic properties of the core design on the transformer’s operational performance and electrical properties. It addresses economic trade-offs of transformers in real-world applications.
- Power & Distribution Transformers
- Dry Type Transformers
- Transformer Connections
- Loading Power Transformers
- Auxiliary Equipment
- Load Tap Chargers (LTCs)
- Transformer Selection and Application
- Transformer Protection & Installation
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Power Transformer Equipment Standards and Processes
Who Should Attend
Electrical engineering professionals who need to update their knowledge • Distribution System Planners • Maintenance Managers • Power System Consultants • Participants should have a basic understanding of power system operations, but do not necessarily have to be experts • Engineers who are starting their career in the field of power in utilities, industrial or commercial plants and institutional complexes will benefit from this course.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW