Modern Power System Protective Relaying
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- use your knowledge of protection techniques
- further your understanding of protective devices
- determine your own relay settings
- apply your awareness of recommended practices in protection schemes
- understand problems generally faced and solutions
Protection of low, medium & high voltage power systems requires an understanding of system faults & their detection, as well as their safe disconnection from the power system. This course presents a comprehensive & systematic description of the concepts & principles of operation & application of protection schemes for various power system elements such as feeders, transformers, motors, buses & generators. This course deals with protection systems from a practical perspective & includes important functional aspects such as testing & coordination of protection systems.
This course is specially designed for industries & utilities which depend on proper system protection for operational efficiency & minimizing damage to equipment.
- Power System Faults
- Components of Power System Protection Schemes
- Current Transformers & Voltage Transformers
- Feeder Overcurrent Protection
- Coordination of Electrical Protection Systems
- Motor protection
- Bus Protection
- Transformer Protection
- Generator Protection
- Cogeneration & Non-Utility Generation (NUG) Protection
- Transmission Line Protection
- Capacitor Protection
Who Should Attend
Engineers • Technicians & Technologists in the Industrial, Consulting & Utility fields • Those Involved in Design, Regulatory Inspection, Operation & Maintenance
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW