Motors and Variable Speed Drives
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Learn about the various types of motors, variable-speed drives, and their protection requirements
- Understand the full regenerative drive and active front end
- Select the proper drive control for the application: scalar drives; vector drives-field orientation drives; active front end drives
- Understand the four-quadrant operation of the drives pending on the application requirements
- Select proper control for the application
- Select proper power convertor for multiple quadrant operations
Variable speed drives (VSD’s) have become an essential part of our life today. They are used in pumps, fans, compressors, heat pumps in homes, and process lines in industry. This course is a MUST for anyone who is involved in the selection, applications, or maintenance of motors and variable speed drives.
This course provides the latest in technology. It covers how modern motors and variable speed drives operate and the various options available. It also provides guidelines and rules that must be followed for a successful application.
- DC & AC motor fundamentals
- DC & AC variable speed drive fundamentals
- Applications for fixed & variable speed drives
- Drive system selection criteria
- Drive system power line effects
- Motor & drive system installation & maintenance aspects
- Drive system application workshop
Who Should Attend
Manufacturing, Plant Engineering & Purchasing Personnel • Manufacturing Plant Maintenance Personnel • Consulting Engineers • Drives, Motor Designers & Manufacturers • Electrical Technicians who have to maintain the setup of the Electrical Drives
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW