Fundamentals of Power System Short Circuit Analysis
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand Per Unit Analysis
- Recognize short circuit occurrences
- Identify fault parameters
- Use symmetrical components for fault calculations
- Use Asymmetrical Three Phase Fault Analysis
This course is designed to provide a basic understanding of power system short circuit calculations and analysis. It will provide the student with the background knowledge on which the modern day computer software programs are based. It will include a review and use ofÂ “Per Unit Analysis “ and “Symmetrical Components”.
- The Importance of Short Circuit Knowledge
- Types of Faults
- Fault Parameters
- KVA or MVA Method Fault Calculation and Coordination
- The Per-Unit (PU) System Review
- Symmetrical Components
- Asymmetrical Three Phase Fault Analysis
- Examples of Short Circuit Calculations
- Real Time Balanced and Unbalanced Fault Recorder Analysis
Who Should Attend:
Those looking to work in the protection and control area of power systems and wish to have a more comprehensive understanding of the basic workings of this area.
- Maintenance Workers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW