Advanced Power Generation Gas Turbines, Co-generation and Combined Cycle Plants
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand fundamentals and facts of power generation in heat engines and their efficiency
- Gain knowledge about typical gas turbine and steam turbines and their energy cycles
- Understand cogeneration and combined cycle plants and their difference
- Realize the cost of commercial power generation
- Benefit from the result of cogeneration and combined plants
This two-day course covers the subjects of co-generation and combined cycle plants in detail and with emphasis on the rationale, economical benefits and the impact on environment.
The fundamentals how a gas turbine and a steam turbine work are explained. Then how, by the nature of their operational properties, we can benefit from combining their cycles is discussed.
Some necessary principles of electric power are included for completeness.
- Electric Power Generation
- Heat Engines and Efficiency
- Carnot and Rankine Cycle
- Steam Turbine
- Gas Turbine
- Combined Cycles
- Electric Systems
- Active and Reactive Power Regulation
- Unit power transformer requirements
- Generator Relay Protection
- Generator types and efficency
- Active and Reactive Droop Control
- Bulk Electrical System PRC Standards Requirements
- Distributed Generation Concept
- Typical turbine control
Who Should Attend
Those involved in power generation:
design engineers • facility engineers • engineering consultants • managers working in utility companies • power generation operators • utility companies technical personnel
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW