Analytical Troubleshooting Complex Electrical Systems
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the functions of the major electrical equipment
- Understand and setup a typical troubleshooting Plan for a complex installation
- Perform root cause investigation of an fault event in a an electrical complex system
- Write Corrective Action Plan to fix an Electrical System after a fault
- Coordinate the troubleshooting activity of an electrical system after fault
- Understand the importance of maintenance and testing of the electrical equipment
This course will demonstrate the most efficient systematic approach to troubleshooting complex electrical systems. Medium Voltage Substation examples, Backup Generators Excitation Systems; Large VFD and Motors; UPS Systems and Battery Banks are considered.
- Introduction to Troubleshooting
- Example of inductive and deductive process for fault identification
- Major equipment in electrical systems
- Role of predictive and preventive maintenance, and examples
- Systematic approach to troubleshooting example for a dry Power Transformer
- Corrective action plans, with example for an oil cooled substation transformer failure
- Root cause investigation of a backup generator failure
- Systematic approach to a technical problem, example of a circuit breaker failure
- Troubleshooting plan following pre-established procedure for the medium voltage induction motor failures
- Hands on example of retrieving the fault type and location from a GE protection relay
Who Should Attend:
Electrical Engineers and Technologist • Maintenance electricians • Qualified Electricians Lineman• Qualified Testing Personnel • Substation Supervisors • Project Managers
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW