Applications of Power Capacitors and Harmonics on Electrical Equipment
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of power system capacitors
- Analyze system performance with application of capacitor banks
- Understand technical considerations associated with the application of capacitor banks
- Apply the power system capacitors to improve system performance
- Prepare specifications for power system capacitors
- Conduct economic analysis associated with the application of capacitor banks
Day 1 covers the fundamentals necessary to understand the use of shunt capacitors in power factor improvement and shunt compensation and the use of series capacitor mainly in long extra high voltage applications.
Day 2 deals with the application of shunt capacitors and static VAR compensation in distribution and transmission systems and how to develop a business case which supports the use of capacitor banks to improve system performance. Power quality and harmonics are covered too.
Day 3 presents all the necessary information to successfully specify power capacitor which fits application at hand. It covers applicable standards, control and protection of capacitor banks, testing along with various technical information which are necessary to put together proper specification for capacitor banks.
- Power capacitor principles and fundamentals
- Basic formulas for working with capacitors
- Capacitor switching and series capacitors
- Power factor correction in induction motor circuits
- Harmonics and power quality
- Application of capacitor banks in distribution systems
- Static VAR compensators and economic analysis
- Industry standards and testing of capacitors
- Control and protection systems
- Installation, operation and maintenance
Who Should Attend:
Engineers involved in Electrical Systems Design in Distribution Systems, Industrial Plants and Commercial and Institutional Buildings and Facilities • Utility Engineers • Consulting Engineers • Electric Utility Engineers • Facility Engineers • Electrical Contractors
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW