Arc Flash Application, Mitigation and Electrical Safety
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Identify electrical hazards
- Determine causes of arc flash
- Explain the biological effects of electrical shock/arc flash
- Select appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for applicable situations
- Become knowledgeable about the hazards and risks associated with arc flash
- Demonstrate safe work practices
Electrical power is a dangerous force that requires proper understanding in the workplace. This course will teach you to assess arc flash hazards and act to mitigate them by selecting appropriate PPE and determining protection boundaries using new IEEE 1584-2018. You will also learn how to use the new CSA Z462-2018 and the calculation methods to determine protection boundaries.
This course also provides some of the key requirements necessary to become a “qualified” person as defined in CSA-Z462®, such as: Determining minimum approach distances; being capable of using special precautionary techniques, PPE, insulating and shielding materials, and insulated tools; and receiving safety training to recognize and avoid hazards
- Electrical hazards
- Existing electrical safety standards
- Personal protective equipment
- Determining safe approach distance
- Fault current calculation
- Flash protection boundary calculation
- Arc flash hazard analysis
- Practical solution to reducing arc flash
- Case study using computer analysis software
Who Should Attend
Electrical Engineers • Design Engineers • Electrical Engineering Managers • Project Managers • EHS Specialists • Maintenance Managers • Consultants • Technologists responsible for the Design, Construction, Installation, Inspection, Operation or Maintenance of Electrical Systems
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW