Basic Electrical Theory
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the physics of electricity; current, voltage and power
- Calculate electrical power
- Manipulate series and parallel circuits
- Understand and work with electrical fields (capacitors and inductors)
- Understand AC vs DC
In this webinar, conductors and insulators are investigated, along with their connected components, capacitors, inductors. The student will be introduced to, the first, and perhaps the most important, relationship between current, voltage, and impedance, Ohm’s Law, and it’s relevance to series and parallel circuits. Subsequently this will lead to the development of the Kirchhoff's Laws to further analyze network analysis and complex electrical circuits.
With the help of complex numbers, reactance and impedance are investigated as they relate to AC circuits.
- What is electricity; current, voltage and power
- Electrical fields and electromagnetism
- Electrical power
- Series and parallel circuits
- Kirchhoff's current and voltage laws
- Theorems (Superposition, Thevenin, Norton)
- Capacitors and inductors
- Alternating Current
- Vectors and phasors
- How capacitors and inductors work with AC
Who Should Attend:
Those wanting to review the basics before going on to further study the more complex issues and components of electrical power.
- Maintenance Workers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW